I sat next to a mortician on my flight home from LA last night. These are the things I’ve learned:
1. he actually laughed at my joke: “everyone’s dying to get in…”
2. he hates nextel service, but likes the nextel phones (me too!)
3. He’s not afraid of ghosts
4. In his funeral parlor, he hired others to do the “dirty” work. But he handles special funerals
5. His office is on 40th street near bryant park. I forgot to ask exactly where…but I still thought that was bizzare.
6. He doesn’t go around saying “I see dead people”
7. He’s used to the smell of formaldehyde